THE PERFECT SUMMER INTERN:
1. Loves pattern, is familiar with photoshop or light room, and happy listening to a variety of podcasts such as All Songs Considered, Ted Radio Hour, Desert Island Discs, Invisibilia, All Things Considered, and Science Friday
2. Has some experience cutting with an exacto knife (safely!)
3. Isn’t afraid to have their picture taken or take a picture
4. Is in school for (or previously studied) one of the following:
a. Something Art/Photography/Design related OR
b. Charms, Herbology, and Divination at Hogwarts School or Witchcraft and Wizardry (all three being pre-requisites)
5. Is a hard worker, not afraid to get their hands dirty, and is game for an impromptu dance party when we are playing my new favorite band Sylvan Esso while we work
6. Will be available 2 times a week (or the hours your school requires if you’re getting class credit)
What will you actually be doing? You will be assisting me as we develop a surface design workshop here in D.C., helping me take and edit photos, create videos for the website and social media, cut down wallpaper, pack and ship orders, use this really cool organizational computer program called excel to update inventory (ok….NOT really cool but it is helpful), respond to emails and inquiries, help out at events and outside photo-shoots, update website content and write blog posts, and likely get your picture taken.
What will you be learning? By the end of the summer you will understand how a design business is run, how to do in-house product photography, edit photos, create images and videos for social media, how to cut in a straight line if you didn’t know already, and a whole lot more. This will be a hands on internship so please be prepared to get stuck in!
Ok, I really cannot wait to meet you! If are wearing the Pineapple Lady outfit on your first day that would be incredible but it’s not a must (nor do you have to be a lady to apply).
p.s. feel free to check out my instagram, FB, and twitter feeds if you haven't already.